Wednesday 11 September 2013

The apple didn't fall too far from the tree

As explained previously, I caught the travel bug early.  We are a travelling family.  We would join tours and all cram into one room.  To save money, my parents would bring a small rice cooker and we would eat inside the hotel room.   I wished these tips existed back then, eggs and paninis would have been tasty!  http://www.thekitchn.com/our-readers-best-tips-for-cooking-real-meals-in-a-hotel-room-190998

We would always have our last meal out and it was always very special.  My parents would ask the locals to guide them to the best tasting and best valued places to dine at... and off we went!  Sometimes we would have to transit very far, at times the places looked old but it was always very delicious!

This has shaped my restaurant habits as an adult.  My favourite restaurants are not always pretty and far from fancy.  I love reading and writing reviews on dishes that I've tried.  Will work for good food :)

Voila!


No comments:

Post a Comment