Wednesday 11 September 2013

Calgarian & Vancouverite

I am a Calgarian.  My family moved to Vancouver after attending Expo86.  It was a big move, my parents wanted to make sure that they were making the right decision.  Over the course of the next three years, there were many road trips to Vancouver each summer.  My mom always packed a lot of snacks and drinks in the car to keep us occupied.  This was before the day and age of gameboys and cell phones.  My sister and I sat in the back and made up songs, day dreamed and played random games we made up.

Summer of 89 we made the big move... Vancouver would be our home and remains so till this day.  For the longest time I missed Calgary.  I did however enjoy playing with my cousins and living in the same home as them for the first year.  We had many sleep overs and almost ate every meal together! 

As we never sold our house in Calgary, my family and I would go back to do maintenance on it every few years.  Each time we went back, our trips grew shorter.  Summer of 99' would be our last trip, as that was when my parent sold the house.  There was no chance that we would be moving back to Calgary and officially I felt like a Vancouverite!  Goodbye Wild Rose Country and Hello Beautiful British Columbia!

No comments:

Post a Comment